Monday, December 15, 2008

DPP 15: Done.

So. Today is the accumulation of why I am not always a fan of the winter season.

1) Its freezing here in Iowa. 4 degrees this morning, not including the killer windchill. That's cold. PLUS, we used to have snow on the ground, several inches of pretty fluffy white stuff. And after this past weekend of brief warmth, its down to rock hard frozen slush. No pretty. No fluffy. Only ice. And cold. Ick.

2) Christmas season brings extra stresses. Getting the Christmas cards out, decorating to the most gloriest level of holidayness, starting your car 15 minutes before you leave the house, getting the perfect gifts for everyone, scheduling whos bring what to every single holiday event, what events to go to and what to skip, gaining all the pounds from the extra holiday food, super long lines at EVERY possible store you go into, and all of that. Now, I know thats not what the season is about and we shouldn't dwell on it, but let's be honest, we still enjoy these things enough to bring those stresses upon ourselves (minus the whole car starting jazz).

3) People around me are getting sick all the time. One gets better, a new one is sick. It worries me. When will it be my turn? I would rather it be sooner than later, I leave two weeks from today for Europe, and that is not my ideal locale to be sick.

I feel this picture rather sums up these feelings quite nicely.

Now don't get me wrong. I was depressed like none other the years that I didn't get to spend the Christmas season in the proper climate. It's just not the same. Some days, it's just a lot easier than others!

No comments: