8:30am-9:00pm. Every day. Including weekends. For 15 days straight. Thats a lot of knowledge being pounded into my brain. All I want to do is sleep as soon as Im done for the day. I don't even want to veg out with tv really, I just want bedtime.
And food. But that's because I somehow stupidly decided to pair this experience with the Clean diet, but Im hoping ill end up being ok with that. At most I will get an hour of work out a day while I'm here on days that I can get up early enough to hit the gym.
Anyways, I wanted to post a few thoughts every day while I was here, just pass on bits of interesting facts or personal lightbulbs as I go. It won't be as in-depth as it could be, or I would be typing twelve hours a day, because its all fascinating. But here's a MINISCULE teeny mini mind snatch of Day 1 & 2.
Day One: Introductions
- "Do what challenges you the most"
- Realization that I've been instructed incorrectly through 99% of yoga classes
- Balancing the body is far more complex than you would think it is.
- I have tightened up so much and lost so much of my fluid flexibility. Lost so much / tight
- I'm really struggling with my desire to train to build this muscle like I have for the past year, knowing that I am now struggling with what used to come easy in yoga.
- However, I do know I can build back to it rather easily, because I haven't lost as much ground as it feels.
Day Two: Group practice, Theory, Anatomy, Partner/Acro Yoga
- "98% of your body is brand new every 365 days"
- Pigeon is a horrible pose for the mass majority of us.
- Most of us have been doing Triangle wrong for years.
- Emily and I created a new partner yoga pose, "Horse pulls the Plow"
- AcroYoga is the scariest fun you can do with just your body.