Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day Three at RYT (it rhymes!)


Day Three: Group practice, Theory, Anatomy
  • "There's riches in the niches"
  • Never have I felt like I was going to snap my elbows in half.
  • Hatha literally means sun/moon and represents the balance of active and passive poses.
  • Again, most people practice incorrectly as they go straight from Warrior One to Warrior Two. Keep your hips in the same place and create poses that follow that hip alignment!
  • I picked a much better spot to sit today, neck pain during a yoga intensive just doesn't seem right.
  • If I could start a yoga business, it would be in partner yoga. 
  • The body has far more wisdom than the brain. 
  • I have grotesque ankles that allow me to severely evert my ankles. I had no idea. 
  • Thanks to NLXF, I even think about sweating, I am drenched. Ick. 
  • We created new poses for forgotten animals, such as, hamster, shark, and unicorn.
  • No matter where I go, I cannot escape the Bear Crawl.
  • Today, my Clean diet isn't as miserable as yesterday. 
  • Being told that my voice stuck out as being unique in the positive way to the guy that hears HUNDREDS of yogi voices :-)
  • How can a clam cram into a clean cream can?

No comments: