Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Media Mania!

Television has come to love Mondays. It cherishes it. It wakes up Monday morning, takes a few hours to recover from the weekend, and then rolls around in awesomeness starting at 7pm. Tuesday morning usually brings around a complaint letter from my tivo saying how tired it is from the night before. But I can't help it! Monday night programming is the new TGIF (oh yes, Step by Step in the house!) Here's my addiction, to the fullest.

7pm.
Big Bang. A surprisingly funny show. So quirky with smart, but easy humor. Leonard and Sheldon are good, but I love that the supporting cast has a stronger and stronger role this season. Wallowitz = Adorable.
Bachelor. Ok, I know, cheesy, corny, totally fake. But that is completely the reason why its entertaining. Plus, I like to bet on how long they last after the show airs. It's never long.
Chuck. Adam Badlwin as John Casey. Enough said.
House. Wilson isn't on as much this season, this makes me sad. They need to restart the prank war. But Thirteen is hot, as is Chase...

7:30.
How I Met Your Mother. Tonight is my first night of watching NPH demoralize women on live tv and not on dvd. This is sadly super exciting for me. Legendary.

8pm.
Jon & Kate Plus 8. This one surprises people, I hate children. But something about this show entertains me, I want to be friends with Kate, as long as she leaves the kids at home! PS. The kids, despite me liking the show, are not cute.
Heroes. My dad does a killer impression of Hiro trying to teleport and Peter Petrelli should always be shirtless. I strangely miss Elle, that was a cute storyline, but leave Sylar out of it. More flash forwards to him making muffins!

8:30.
Worst Week. I don't think this show is really that funny, but I started watching it, and now for some reason, I must know what he does to screw up his life every week. Mostly cliche, but walking in on his in law at the woman doctor, that was pretty amusing.

9pm.
The City. I didn't watch Laguna Beach, I swore to not like it. And somehow, I got stuck on the Hills. Speidi, whoa buddy, someone shave him already! But Whitney was cute and had real world potential, so I started, and now, the chick she works with, it sucks that people like her actually exist.
Trust Me. I'll admit, I haven't actually seen this one yet, but I've heard its really good, so I have all the episodes on tivo so far. I'll have a marathon with it eventually.

Now, I know. Television is bad for me. I should spend more time with real people doing productive things. But here's the thing, I have tivo, the greatest invention on earth. If real live people are an option, I go with it! I am not a hermit! And yes, I know that reality tv isn't real. Don't even bother trying to give me that spiel.

I went to film school, I got a degree in television production. I like to see all of this as research! And no, its not denial ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! This is EXACTLY why we gave up TV. I would never leave the house. It only for a couple weeks and now three years later I LOVE that I have no idea whats on TV anymore.