Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fab Five in Cedar Rapids

So after I shared my crazy mother story last post, about how she needs a family picture every month for the next 12 months, I figured I would share the first month of her ambitious quest. I guess technically this was the second try, but the first go around at New Years didn't turn out so hot (aka, we all looked disheveled and blah).

The last weekend in January, my whole family went down to Cedar Rapids for the Fab Five. It's a show choir festival thing that all five of the city schools take part in. It just so happens that the girl that I worked with on the MADE episode, also known as my brother's current girlfriend, was doing a little beat box thing in Kennedy's part, so we had to go cheer her on! Here she is with my brother and dad:

Her first appearance on stage was as a nurse for a Frankenstein song, which I personally found to be my favorite of the whole show. Catchy song, cute outfits, intense set.

Later on was her batbox performance. The sound mixing wasn't quite right, but we were close enough to get to hear the whole thing.

Afterwards was the giant family gathering for the picture! Aren't we just lovely? It felt so good to stand after 3 hours of Show Choir!


**Ok, so for all of you who haven't experienced a true Show Choir, you must try someday. It's not just your average high school choir concert. No, not in the slightest. It is like Richard Simmons got a hold of a high school choir, and turned them into a cruise ship dance/sing squad. Lots of glitter, lots of glam and makeup, several wardrobe changes for only a few songs, sets, lights, jazz hands....the WHOLE works. But its hilariously entertaining and fun.

No comments: