Monday, February 23, 2009

24 Hour Getaway

This weekend was a spur of the moment set of events. Last week was rough on my parents for some church reasons, so they left town Friday night and headed up north to Bloomington/Edina, while Tim and I were stuck down here due to the fact that I had a game on Saturday afternoon.

So after the game, which of COURSE, went into overtime, we hopped in our lovely little Civic and headed up to join them. It was a good time. We had been worried the weather would keep us in CF, but we made it in time to eat at our traditional joint of Fuddrucker's. It's a family favorite! And after a few rousing rounds of UNO at the hotel with SNL in the background (Christopher totally cheated!) we hit the hay for a busy Sunday.

Breakfast at the hotel, then we attended Evergreen Church, the church that we have always attended when we are in the area for at least the past decade. I have always enjoyed it more than usual churches, it always goes by fast without me getting too bored. Musics decent, talks are good, UNTIL THIS WEEK. Long story short, this church openly admits to only allowing men to be pastors. And while I am nowhere near being a feminist, I am not ok with this. I have a hard time now, respecting anything that comes out of their mouths knowing that in their heads, I am not as good as they are simply because i have boobs. Not kosher.

But then came the mall! I hit the jackpot this weekend. I got sweet stuff for spring break, and a few practical things too:
Teavana Joli mug (see below)


Roxy tank top at Quiksilver

Satay Spice Kit at Williams and Sonoma

Puma kicks to replace my shredded North Face ones (see below!)


Pasta and Tomato Sauce of glory at Harry & David

Swiss Army GPS case

Plain tee at Gap

2 American Eagle Tanks, same tank, two colors (see below!)


And while its nice to get material things, this weekend in particular was nice to just get out of town, away from certain stresses and monotony, and to hang out with the family. No stress, just laughter and trying not to run the wheelchair into too many clothing racks....minus the sexist church ;)

No comments: