Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Goodbye...I'll miss you.

Ok, so if I make it a post, then its official and I can't back down. I've never given up anything for lent before, and to be honest, I'm really doing it so I can blame lent when I get angry or annoyed that I'm trying to be healthy, so sadly, it's not even for the right reasons. But I have to start somewhere!

I am giving up two things for Lent, with two exceptions:

NO CHOCOLATE! This will be insane. I love my chocolate.

Exception: Spring Break in Disney. I'm sorry, but I will cry if I can't have a chocolate dessert in France at Epcot.



NO SODA. I gave up soda totally for four years, and recently took it up again, which was a stupid, stupid decision, I hope this one can last longer than the 40 days.

Exception: Without chocolate, I need a replacement weekend treat, and rootbeer floats might have to become said replacement, I don't know if I will need this exception, but I am glad to know that its there, just in case.

Wish me luck!!! I will surely need it (especially since I just realized this means no more granola bars or hot chocolate....)

2 comments:

calaismarie said...

i think i only ever tried to do lent one other time (in high school) and i failed miserably (chocolate was my vice of choice as well). this year i'm giving up alllllll coooookkkeedd ffoooodddss! guh. i've been saying i'd love to try being a raw foodist and what better time than now? plus, then i don't have to give up the hard things like chocolate ;) good luck, clare - we'll have to encourage one another!! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You can do it! I've given up chocolate before and it's not fun, but it is possible :) This year my family and I are all giving up ALL sweets - I'm already regretting it!! I'm also trying to take up running again, so we'll see how that goes.