Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Two more days in Boston....

On Sunday, during our Boston trip, we headed out towards Cambridgeside Galleria, but ended up taking a detour so I could get a National Parks Stamp in my book (NERD ALERT). It was the Longfellow Mansion near Harvard. It had a pretty garden outside to walk through and this gorgeous cat was out prowling around. We figured a cat in such a public setting would be annoyed by all the people all the time, but this cat was just as much of a slut as Nessa! She kept winding around our legs and wanting attention. I want to steal her! Despite the atrocious haircut that someone had given her with what looked like a hedgetrimmers to keep her cool....


Next was getting lost in Harvard trying to find the 66 bus, but we eventually got it so we could have a delicious lunch at Michael's Deli, I was disappointed that Party Favors was closed though. Brookline is Jewish! Closed on Saturday, open on Sunday, thats how it should be! But we walked through the North End on the way back and got some treats, meandered through the Pru and prepared ourselves for a night out with Tim's former coworkers. We went out for some barbecue, and then out to this super nice outdoor bar near Newton. It was a great time, I can tell that Tim really misses being able to hang out with them, and they feel the same about him. Good people.
After that, we were raced back downtown by Sasha in his CRV (through red lights and seeing classic tunes) to see Ugly Truth at our beloved Loews. And that, was Sunday.

Monday seemed just as crazy, we woke up late and went straight out to Cambridgeside where I ended up with lots of booty! Mostly Gap stuff for work, my favorite being this sweet pair of khakis ON SALE. Love that feeling. Followed by the best sandwich on the planet, where I learned to love Mozzarella, the EC Cafe. Tim then stalked his former boss at his old bank, who was as usual, super cute. But then Party Favors was finally open! This wasn't the cupcake we got (I don't need a heart attack at 25) but imagine how good it would have tasted....
Back to the hotel to sadly start packing. But as a last hoorah, we met up with my pal Meg, and her adorable girlfriend, Kate for dinner in the North End. I wish I had taken more pictures, but we were so busy catching up on absolutely everything over our carafe of sangria, that I just didn't even think of it! But we at least got this shot outside of our Mike's desserts to go! A great picture of all of us.
Only one more day in Boston...sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. i think i'm going to need you to fedex me one of those heavenly looking cupcakes. stat.

Clare & Tim said...

The sad part is, when we moved back to Iowa, we really did look into if they ship....they don't. :(