Saturday, July 11, 2009

Don't be such a Negative Nancy!

Here's a blurb on what I've been thinking about recently:

Keep only positive people in your life, at least your close friends. There is no reason to keep negative people around, sucking happiness out of your life. These negative people come in different types.

Liars: Its not just the people that make such outlandish claims, if anything, I would rather you tell me that you slept with Christie brinkley when you were 15 years old. I can tell that you are full of it. Its the people that I never know the difference between the truth and a lie. Especially in matters that don't even matter. Im not going to think any less of you for telling me the boring truth versus an equally boring lie. I just don't dig it. I don't like not being able to have a serious moment because I have no idea if anything you say is the truth. Its those serious moments that add so much to a relationship.

Moochers: Most of the time, I would mean mentally and emotionally mooching off of me. But nowadays, I mean actual physical items. If you are on equal financial footing, its a give and take. I dont mean keeping an actual dollar for dollar list. But giving 5% and taking 95% gets old REALLY fast.

<
Deniers: If everyone around you is telling you one thing, and they have proof to back it up time and time again, then maybe there is even an ounce of truth to it. People can only say something so many times before it drags on them that you flat out refuse to believe what they are saying. If it wasn't important, they might say it once, or not even at all. But if people keep saying the same thing, please listen, and don't keep defending completely ludicrous actions.

Closed-minded: Rather self explanatory. Not being able to have open conversations and open thoughts is anti progressive. From lifestyles to even travel arrangements. A lot can be encompassed here.

Cheapos: This doesn't really apply to being a negative person, but its really obnoxious. People don't serve you because they really enjoy being at your beck and call. They don't provide services merely for fun. And most of the extra irritating jobs, bartender, waitress, stylist, masseuse, waxer, that kind of stuff, pays the absolute least amount. Especially if you are a regular, shell it out. They will make it worth your while. I promise. Sidenote: My exception in this case is cab drivers. They can deal with a cheap tip ;)

No comments: