Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Throwback Thursday: Mi Amigos. New and Old.


Welcome back eighties! Last weekend was filled to the brim with friends, and this upcoming weekend is also filled with friends. Two totally different sets of people that I love and adore. Sets of people that have altered my life in their own ways. Especially this weekend, in Boston. The kids are the kids that I hold close to my heart and always will. I can't wait to see them. I get super warm and fuzzy in my insides when I think about getting to spend time with them. *sigh*

But today's throwback picture is a whole other set of friends. From two decades ago. People I haven't seen or even talked to in ages. In fact, there is one girl that I don't even know if it really is who I think it is. Isn't that weird? At the time, if I had deep enough thoughts yet, I'm sure I thought I would be friends with these people forever! Unless they stole My Little Pony figurines of course, then Cut! Done. And even though there was no theft, they filtered out of my life. Facebook lets me follow most of them, but nothing more than that. Sad, but I wonder how different I would be if we were still friends, making silly faces on a Saturday morning after a birthday sleepover...

We leave tomorrow for our trip out east. I haven't packed physically, but I've been packed mentally since I found out we were going two weeks ago. In fact, in my head, I'm sitting on the tarmac waiting to take off....look for a crazy ecstatic post when we get back next week :)

No comments: