Friday, May 1, 2009

Balding Poodle?

So when I realized that I waspurposely averting my eyes from the bathroom mirror so I wouldn't have to see what my current disaster of a coif looked like, I probably needed to do something about it. I liked what I had last summer, so why not recreate the lovely humid months of 2008 on top of my head.

While Lacy coated my hair with skank, the image in the mirror had different titles. I started with a nice disheveled birdnest, on to balding poodle, a nice and bloody head trauma and finished with 80s mushroom. If only I had taken pictures...but also, the dye started getting more and more Crayola colored, and the lady across the way started talking about a local news anchor and how horrible her stylist was because of the insane shade of red that her hair had taken on, and then continued to point at the bit of dye on my forehead and say, "Exactly like that"

Gee thanks lady...not like I can HEAR YOU! Whatever, she left looking the same as she did coming in. Nascar on the weekends, Spam on Thursday nights.

I also ended up chopping off about four inches. Which is ridiculously crazy. I had NO idea my hair had gotten to be that long. Tim stopped in during his lunch break and saw my hair straightened and long and we both realized that it probably hasnt been this long since high school, if not longer. So chop chop it went. I love it long, but I must be honest with myself. I am lazy. I do not like to take time to do properly. So chop chop it went.

Side story: Last night Tim and I went to Walmart for some grocery needs (I know, Walmart sucks, but it really is cheaper than HyVee) and on our way out. We saw a young couple and a dog on the corner, right near the gas station. They held up a sign, "Traveling, Poor,and Hungry" or something of the sort. They were uniquely dressed, She had henna or actual tatoos on her face, dreds, and the guy looked like a modest version of Clockwork Orange. The dog, CUTE dog, had on a striped sweater. Without thinking, I looked closer to see if I knew them. Its just how they were. Not common cashmere babies, but definately fun to talk to and hang out with. We didn't know them, but I wish we did. They would have been a good time. Plus, who doesn't love a dog in a sweater?!

No comments: