Friday, May 8, 2009

Celebrations in May!

I've been a bit mopey in the head the past few days, only to be continued yesterday when super cheap plane tickets to Boston were found, and Tim's bank refuses to give him the time off...but I should focus on the busy weekend ahead! And besides, last weekend was pretty awesome too.

Julie had her birthday bash last Friday, good times were had. We had had some Nordyke famiyl time before that, and then it was on to some Toad's action with people and later on, pool at Cypress. Needless today, Julie is the best pool player of us all!





Saturday started off far too early, with my first personal training session, but with my second one today, I bet I have more to say about that later. The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS. Sunny blue skies, slight breeze, perfect weather to have ZERO motivation. So we went and hung out at the Nordyke household hanging with the folks watching the two lovebirds (my brother and his girlfriend) get ready for prom. It's prom, so a MILLION pictures must be taken, and the whole family must get into it!





And then I pulled the big sister move and got up at 4 in the morning to make them chocolate chip pancakes and little smokies after post prom...how people eat at 4am is beyond me...



I surprisingly was up early enough to go for a run before the whole family took Linnea back to Cedar Rapids. There was the added plus of having Tim's birthday lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings, his desired birthday celebration location. Linnea's mom was able to join us and got Tim the cutest birthday beer ever.



Did a little birthday shopping back in town, ate some ice cream, and watched a ridiculously boring movie. You know it's been a busy weekend when you look forward to the calm of the work week...

No comments: