Thursday, April 2, 2009

My mother is on facebook, and I cant move unless the rec center comes with me.

Ok, so I promised an actual piece of literary genius. That aint gonna happen folks. But I will at least put out effort into something. I even paused my movie to do this, so feel special, cause frankly, Kevin Smith was making me do some chuckling about working with Bruce Willis....anyways.

My mother joined facebook yesterday. Well, she joined a long time ago, but it was doubtful she even knew how to sign in let alone accept a friend invite. But yesterday a friend of hers taught her how to do the basic stuff and now she is rather obcessed. The world is coming to an end. When my friends text me that my mother is talking to them via the world of a website where we all have pictures of us and status' that no one wants even their boss to see, let alone their mother. Lord help us all.

I started a cycling class last week. Meets twice a week, half hour cycling, half hour light weights and more muscle building schtuff. And it made me realize that I will never be able to move anywhere ever again. I cannot bear to leave my precious Cedar Falls rec center. I know who I like, I know who I dont like, I know what machines rock and which ones were used by Lou Ferrigno while training for the Hulk in the 70s. I know who smells, and what ball to use for what exercise. I got the place down. I have become very fond of my classes there and know from experience with substitute instructors, that finding new ones is going to be reckoned with teeth gnashing. I enjoy my routine of light salutation yoga then core class on MW, followed with cycling and hardcore yoga on TTh. Why mess with success?

So that just fixes that. I can't move. Unless the rec center comes with me!

On a sidenote, I just ate some canteloupe that tasted like butterscotch. Weird? I think so. Delightfully delicious? Completely!

3 comments:

GeonHui's Bakery said...

Seriousely love your blog and look forward to your posts. Yes, cherish the rec center. Here in KC the rec center is a YMCA and you have to pay an arm and a leg to join :(

DeMo said...

I totally understand you on the "mom has facebook thing". My sisters and I tried to avoid setting up an account for her until she could do it on her own, then one of them decided that they needed another person to play WordTwist with, so now my mom is on fb. And now she has a whole new outlook into my social life and the questions of "what did you do this weekend?" have turned into "so did you go to so-and-so's this weekend?"

Angie said...

Haha... my mom is on facebook and refuses to add her children. She said... "why would I want to see what my kids are doing? I've never understood why parents would want to be friends with their kids. I don't want to know what my kids are really like." I love it!