Thursday, August 11, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Castaway Sunshine.



This was eleven years ago. ELEVEN. I almost don't believe it. I remember going to Castaway for the first time. I don't even know how to begin to describe it though. It was always explained to kids as Club Med for high school kids. And really it was. A crazy fun experience for a week of the summer. Other than telling you to hop in a time machine and go back and experience it for yourself, I really don't know what else to say.

I remember singing Matchbox 20 with Julie during programming, entering the dining hall to Men Without Hats EVERY night, going parasailing, the banana boat, laying in the hammocks, volleyball tournaments, water fights in the dark, eating a shake of chocolate and vanilla mixed for the first time, totally chickening out on the rockwall, pool tables in the basement, falling asleep on the floor of the bus on the way home. Good times and sunshines.

Although, if you read this and got to go to Castaway, with me, or at some other time, I would love to hear a few memories that you have.

No comments: