Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I do miss the Sun.

This time last year, I was about ready to pull my brains out through my ears. I would say eyes, but having a total eye phobia that I do, the mere thought of that cues my gag reflex. But yes, winter had taken it's toll and I would have done anything and everything to escape its bleak misery. That's when I decided to move to New Zealand.

But this year, while I am still nowhere near a fan of the cold icy gray skies, I am not in the depression that I was last year. I am alive and surviving Old Man Winter, and feel like there is an end in sight, spring will eventually be here.

However, my yoga instructor just got back from Aruba. Enter Clare's jealousy. And I am not one of those people that really looks forward to doing nothing. I like to have my vacations planned with activities and stuff. But right now, sitting on a beach for a week doing NOTHING but relaxing sounds amazing.

So I spent my stretchy stretchy time working not only on my ham strings, but on my beach side fantasies. Here's what I came up with between Opening Mountain Pose and Savasana.

- Bike ride around the island
- Walk through the markets
- Yoga class on the beach
- Big bowls of fruit salad with yogurt and granola for EVERY meal
- Adding fresh fish from the ocean to my dinner bowl
- Reading all the books I haven't had time to read in a hammock in the breeze
- Or in a big chaise lounge in order to avoid sandy syndrome
- Sangria watching the sun set

Yesterday it was -9 here. Just sayin.

No comments: