Monday, December 14, 2009

DPP 14: Santa's Crazy Eyeballs & Baking Aftermath.

Today was absolutely insane. I feel like I got half the stuff that I needed to get done in double the amount of time it should have taken. I woke up late, but still forced myself into half my morning run, went to work, did my noon abs class, ran some work errands (see post office story below), baked cookies with my mom, hit the gym, came home and baked for the past billion hours straight, finishing with packing up all the boxes getting sent out to the east coast tomorrow and doubling my to do list for tomorrow....including a trip to the vet with my mother and her beloved child, but that should be quite amusing...
The easiest thing I made all day. By far. But one of the most time consuming....kisses don't unwrap themselves!

This is only half the baking mess, the half that is at my kitchen and not my mother's. And there is only more to come....

Post Office Story: So maybe I am the only one who has never seen this occur, but I think it is the smartest thing on the planet. I went to the post office today with quite a bit of malice already in my heart just because I knew I would be in line FOREVER. But I walked in, and was greeted by a glorious table FULL of homemade goodies and piping hot coffee. There were at least 15 different desserts of cookies and cakes and bars and doughnuts and deliciousness. Clearly, they know that to have happy postal customers, feed them oatmeal fudge bars. It worked for me!

2 comments:

DeMo said...

What are those round pretzels? I've never seen them bigger than the size of a ring in a gardetto's bag. Very cool! I think our postal people are too moody to do any sort of treat like yours does!

Clare & Tim said...

They are Holiday pretzels. Actually called that, I have seen non brand kinds, but I know that Rold Gold makes them too. Only available during the holiday season though. They are pretty big, maybe slightly bigger than a half dollar. A hershey kiss sits inside one without touching any of the edges, which makes it perfect for this treat!