Wednesday, December 23, 2009

DPP 23: Ooping Sugarplums.

I had to work the last UNI Men's game of 2009 tonight, but afterwards was the real fun! Ok, not really, but it was at least more entertaining than the basketball game.

I decided I was going to try something new for Christmas, I was going to make Sugar Plums! Just like the poem, only these sugar plums were certainly not dancing. They were sticky and oopy and goopy. I didnt even really know what was in them til I found the recipe. Lots of chopped dried fruits, nuts, coconut, and a bit of orange juice! I did the chopping and the ooping and the gooping, and then apparently you just roll into balls and let sit? Only, mine were quite goopy and would have never hardened. Ever. So I lined a pie tin with coconut flakes, dumped the whole mixture in, and put it in the oven for awhile, and then the freezer. Voila! Delicious and solid! Yummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you seen this site? lotsa yummy scrumptiousness going on. and *pretty* yummy scrumptiousness at that! http://pastrystudio.blogspot.com/

Clare & Tim said...

I finally got around to taking a deep enough look at this website, instead of a glimpse and holy cow! The amount of new and unique ideas....its brain bursting. I cant wait to try some of it, and to look up what some of it even is....