Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dear Lord Baby Jesus!: Part 6, People, its been awhile!

By the time Christmas night rolls around, people are desperate to get away from their families. Not me of course, I adore mine, but others that I actually want to see. People come home for Christmas, Thanksgiving too, and those are the times that I avoid the local bars like the plague because really, let's face it, you don't need to see a GINORMO chunk of the people you went to high school with. But last year, an old friend invited pretty much all of his friends, (facebook is glorious) out one of the nights before Christmas. It was a killer time, so many old faces and crazy stories. Well, it was recreated this year. It was slightly smaller, but to me, a million times more insane. I walked in the door, and within two seconds saw two faces that I seriously have probably not seen since i was 17. I won't bore with anymore details, but it was quite an amazing evening. Catching up with people that I never thought I would have conversations with again. Christmas ended well. :-)

No comments: