Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tucker Max. The name says it all.

I got to meet Tucker Max.


Now for those of my readers that are on the more conservative end, just smile that I got to meet someone exciting, and go back to your Minesweeper game. Tucker Max isn't exactly the most upstanding guy that you want to take over to meet your grandmother. Well, actually, I think that would be hilarious, because he can be prim and proper when he needs to be, but his fame and fortune is based on a completely different part of his personality. If you don't know him, don't get offended easily, and aren't a feminazi, then you must buy his book. I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. It's hilarious. And now he has made a movie from different stories in the book.

He is opening the movie in an uncommon method and touring around the country doing Q&As, and showing the film to different college campuses. Iowa City just happened to be one of them. I would tell you all about the happenings of said event, but he can do it so much better: IHTSBIH Iowa City Stop (Again, be prepared for crudeness....) and here's the pictures from the event: Flickr Iowa City



It was amazing. The movie was awesome, I literally had tears from laughing so hard from a certain scene. And when you see it, you will know exactly what scene I mean. But we also got sweet stuff!
Tshirt was to be expected....


But we also got a gear bag, pint glass, bottle opener, pen, WWTD bracelet, stickers, poster....
But the best part, after all is said and done, Tucker stayed at the theater for whoever wanted to stay and took pictures and signed stuff. Until the last person was gone. Which is mighty classy. When it got to be my turn, their tour manager commented how he was surprised at the girls that came alone to the event (he clearly did not understand how Tucker works) and at my Emerson hoodie. I got to Tucker, who also commented on my Emerson gear, but then him and Nils went on to talk about how one of their producers divorced a girl named Claire, but that she had an i in her name, and it turned into a whole thing. Loved it. Snapped the shot, and away I went.

Walking out the door, the two guys handing out t-shirts were fighting over who would give it to me (literally, pawing at the same shirt), and I made a comment that the one guy had clearly won, and his response? "Does that mean we get to make out?" I think someone has been on tour with Tucker for a teensy bit too long..... :)

After I got out, I looked at my signed copy of the book (well worn with lots of reading) and I have no idea what it says....anyone want to help a girl out?




6 comments:

Nic Lake said...

It almost looks like:

"I'm a turd."

Anonymous said...

He signed it: "I'm awesome."

Anonymous said...

yep.. "im awesome"

Clare & Tim said...

Thanks guys. I did get confirmation from Tucker. That is indeed what it says. Apparently you are all just that much smarter than I am!

NateBleedsCrimson said...

Yeah, he signed the same thing in my girlfriend's book. He just signed his name on my poster, though, that prick : )

Anonymous said...

I brought an old used copy of my book, and bought the newer Czuchry covered one as well. In the old one I got "Good question" for what I asked in Q+A and in the new one "I'm Awesome". It's standard. But I love the fact that people are giving good write ups, appreciating the humor.