Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall = Pumpkin Baked Goods!

So my friend Meg has this awesome blog, and she always has these pictures of food and desserts that make me want to become a pastry chef instantly. Well a few days ago, I couldn't take it anymore. Fall is here, and I love ANYTHING pumpkinlicious, and Meg posted a picture of Pumpkin Bread with a Maple Cheese cake filling and I knew that this was my calling for the weekend.

Finding pumpkin in this canned pumpkin shortage was quite the task, all the major grocery stores were out until October 1st, but I lucked out and found organic pumpkin at a hippy crunchy grocery store. Not cheap, but it let me have an awesome Saturday of baking!
The recipe made about twice as much filling than needed, so I made more bread than the recipe called for since I had an extra half cup of pumpkin left over, and the result of that ended up in cupcake tins instead of the bread loaves. But really, I think those turned out better anyway....
Clearly I overloaded the loaves. It said to use three mini loaf pans, and I used 5! So one would think that there would not be this much pop outtage! I think it might have affected the cheesecake layer...
The cheesecake looks nowhere as crisp and clean as the actual recipe photo, but it never does I guess. I personally think it turned out looking a bit like canned cat food, but holy cow did it turn out absolutely delicious!

Oh yeah, and I chopped off a ton of hair last weekend. Now, when it dries naturally, I look like a flap dancer from the prohibition era.
Now all I needed is my beaded dress and dancing shoes!

3 comments:

DeMo said...

Your hair is so cute! I wish mine was curly, but if it was, I could never get away with it being that short and still look cute. Lucky duck.

Clare & Tim said...

Don't be too jealous, this is such a rare event. I normally have to fight frizziness with so much effort that I need another shower by the time Im done! Curly hair definitely is a lot of work still. Ugh. Grass is always greener, right? :)

Oldqueen44 said...

Cute do...
You asked about the Kidney stone yummy meal. Well, I got that from my bro n law who is a chiropractor. He finds all kinds of natural stuff. My son n law just tried it for some stones he was dealing with. He was in a great deal of pain and did the asparagus and coke at night. The next day he felt fine but he didn't really see any stone sand that he passed. Who knows????