Saturday, February 25, 2012

Snootchie Bootchies.


I just saw a commercial for Comic Book Men, and it reminded me of a post I wanted to do a few weeks ago. (PS. If you like Kevin Smith, and you like the show Pawn Stars, I suggest watching Comic Book Men, its a great combo of both).

I find great amusement with Kevin Smith, I listen to his smodcasts, I watch his movies, I read his books, I've even had the joy of seeing a Q&A show of his. So when the theater in town was using when of their theaters to show a live stream of smodcast/Q&A, I knew I wanted to go. It's really weird considering it doesn't seem like something they would hold here. But they did, and I'm so glad we went. It was hilarious. I haven't laughed that much in a theater in awhile.

The only downside was that it didn't start til 8:30, not that thats the issue, but that he was on the west coast. So it was to last for a full three hours, on a week night. I was surprised at the amount of people that actually showed up. Mostly all guys, not surprising, and it definitely smelled like a Kevin Smith crowd. It rather smelled like high school actually. It was oddly reminiscent. But it was happy. Lots of laughing. Lots of smart jokes. Lots of dumb jokes. And we did end up leaving early, a little before 11, but it was well well worth it.

No comments: