Thursday, October 27, 2011

Throwback Thursday: Energizer Bunny Monster?


As Halloween is coming up here in a few days, I looked for a picture of me in any Halloween costume, and came up totally empty. We weren't exactly a super Halloweeny family. Traditional trick or treating didn't happen.We'd wear the costumes that we wore to school to a few peoples houses that were family friends (read: like three houses and my grandparents). And that was it. Too cold, too rainy, it just never happened. I guess I didn't care much at the time, but now I do! Halloween should be more a adult holiday anyway!

By the time I hit Jr High, Halloween took on a whole new meaning when I was having some....social trouble persay? And one Halloween my dad took me on a shopping trip for new clothes, and it just kinda became a thing. We don't really do it anymore, but I'm pretty sure it stuck through at least high school. Kinda like back to school shopping, only in late October. Late fall and winter clothes are better anyway.

All I came up with is this picture from the jr high talent show. I don't even remember the sketch, it just involved me going down the auditorium in the Energizer Bunny Suit. So for thirty seconds of the evening, I hopped, pink and fuzzy. I gotta say though, I look Monstrous. Not in the Frankenstein way, in the way that makes me say, pink was not a very slimming color. Ugh. We barely got that thing closed. Forget Freddy Krueger, that is more of a nightmare to me.

No comments: