Monday, January 11, 2010

Bonus Post: Tim's Pork Baby

Second post of the day! Two of my favorite things. Movies (see below post) and food....

If someone you love has an affinity for meat or barbecue, do NOT let them watch the show Barbecue Pitmasters, or give them a digital meat thermometer for Christmas. Or you will end up with your parents around your dining room table with this look on their face!
Tim decided that he was going to buy a huge hunk of scary looking pork, and slow roast it on a Saturday. For 13 hours. I have to put out there, that I am not a pork person. I am barely a meat person. But pork in particular, ick. And after Tim pulled the pork out of the oven, put a fork in it, twisted, and the meat literally just fell apart...I knew I would be liking this pork...and yes. For all the world to see, I enjoyed that pork. Just as much as my mother's homemade bread that accompanied it.

Pre-13 hours of roasting glory.... Trust me, the after picture doesn't make it look any prettier....

3 comments:

The Mind of a Mom said...

The hubster just challenged Tim to a throw-down as he watches Pitmasters also. I on the other hand miss the point completely on watching that show or buying that much meat. :o)
You are a good person for letting him do that.

Unknown said...

I love the expectant face and posture from your dad. It just makes me laugh.

Already Happy said...

I looove pork. Maybe you will be converted?