Friday, January 8, 2010

Throwback Thursday: New Years 1987!

It's been awhile since I have done a Flashback picture, so I figured this one would mesh nicely with a New Years post. From 1987 to 2009....weird. I thought I might try to squeeze into that frilly navy frock, but alas, it wouldn't have matched my shoes...and mom wasn't willing to pick me up and hold me! So blame her.

New Years Eve went differently than expected to say the least. I spent most of the day on the couch, having done something atrociously horrid to my back (which is slowly morphing into a tailbone issue), but manned up enough to go to my parents for the traditional NYE hors deurvs dinner, which, as always, was fully of sinfully tasty foods. Followed by a game of Scrabble, where my father spent the length of the game trying to spell Shaqtus. And I was left with the world's WORST set of letters....
Kenya kept trying to get dad to spell "hardboiledeggs" And then I bucked it up even more, donned the dress I had spent way too long shopping for (forgive the poorly framed picture) and headed out for NYE festivities...with -1 on the thermometer outside. Strappy shoes and below zero temps do NOT mix....
Happy 2010!

1 comment:

The Mind of a Mom said...

I love the first picture, How cute!
Happy New year - I hope it is a good one for you