Friday, November 6, 2009

3eb. I heart you.

I have been going deaf for a number of years now. Not to a degree that is medically concerning, but my phone conversations consist of a lot more, "What?" "Huh?" "Say that again"s. I blame my frequent attendance of concerts. And earbuds. And macaroni and cheese. Ok, maybe not that last one, but still. A pluthera of issues have contributed to my detriment. But on Monday, I only helped it along its course. Third Eye Blind was in Iowa City. I hate that it was on a Monday, and I totally didn't feel like going, but by the time it was time to go, I was pumped. We saw them six months ago to the day, and it was amazing. This would only be the same. It was awesome. The crowd took awhile to get warmed up (stupid Iowa City kids) but eventually we worked our way to the middle and it was awesome.


Third Eye Blind is the band of my jr high/ high school years. And I think saying that says enough. The red and the blue albums are two of maybe four albums ever that I can listen to nonstop, first song to last, without skipping a single song. Love it. Love them. I never saw them perform when they were "popular" and when I heard they were our touring to promote their first new album in six years....sign me up. His voice is just one of those voices, its like I am instantly back in the day (of course a Wednesday). Calming, even when not. *sigh*

No comments: