Tuesday, March 1, 2011

That Arch feeds me well!

Last week, I was treated to a bit of happy times before the torment of dental extraction. Tim and I had gotten tickets to Ke$ha quite awhile ago, and Mom decided she wanted to be part of the road trip down to St Louis, minus the concert. As a sidenote, Tim had the Ke$ha cd hidden in his car for quite sometime before I found out and was pissed that he hadn't shared it with me!

But anyways, so we all made the unexciting trip down early Tuesday morning. Wicked early, only so that we could endulge in just one more meal at First Watch while down there. Egg white omelet with turkey, spinach, feta, & tomato. Turkey sausage. And then Tim and I shared at banana crunch pancake. Holy breakfast in my belly. I would eat there every meal if i could. Not even kidding.

And then just like any twoday getaway, the shopping craze started. In a matter of hours we hit up REI (no dice on the desired sandals, but lots of clothes tried on!), Container Store, Gap (yay to the Buy a pair of pants, Get a shirt free deal, although the hoodie "jacket" I wanted was cheaper than the sweater I was allowed to get), and Macys (where the gift card went unspent).
My big excitement part of the shopping was supposed to be the fact that they have a Lululemon in StL. But then, we got there. I was pretty disappointed in the selection at this store. They had very few options, and even few fewer sizes. Like, they have maybe 4 different sweatshirts, and each style had maybe two or three sizes in stock. And sizes are 0-12 mind you, not S/M/L. And when I walked in, I did a quick lap just to see what I was working with, and a lady came up to us and asked if we were lookging for a gift! I was ridiculously offended. Who starts their greeting with that? What about me right now says I am looking for a gift instead of for myself....not amused. Even less amused when there was a lady in there with three SHRIEKING children. One of them was playing with a box of safety pins used for hemming. Like, what kind of mother let's their kid do that? Geeze. But I ended up getting two sale items. Mom bought me a sweet pair of gray pants, kind of hard to describe them actually. And then I got a bra/tank combo that i really dig, but also hard to desribe. Let's just say, I love workout clothes.

A quick jaunt into Williams and Sonoma had my mom buying a crap load of lavender, and on our way out, I saw a HUGE glass jar of  "Nut & Grain". Tim bought it instantly, its totally delicious. Well worth the overpricedness of such a jar of glory.

Dinner @ Pi Pizzeria. It actually turned out that it was directly across the street from the concert venue, but it wasnt really relevant since we had to take Mom back to the hotel inbetween dinner and the show anyway. However, it did mean we got a sneak preview of the 14 year olds going to the Ke$ha concert all dressed up and ready to go. It was insane. I thought Lady Gaga was crazy, those were weird, but these were SLUTTY. Like, I cannot believe 75% were allowed to leave their house looking like that. Both mom and Tim ordered the same pizza, only Tim got deep dish and mom got thin crust. Both were delicious, The Western: mozzarella, spinach blended with ricotta and feta, mushrooms, onions, and garlic. And I got the Bada Bing salad: field greens, toasted almonds, gorgonzola cheese, dried bing cherries, with raspberry vinaigrette. Only swap the gorgonzola (GROSS) for goat cheese. Yummy! http://www.restaurantpi.com

We totally lucked out getting back after dropping mom off at the hotel, parked a block away, and saw there were two lines. One was like two blocks long, and the other was maybe 10 people. And we knew it was a long shot, but we figured we would just attempt the the short one. Silly kids, it wasn't a special line at all, and we got in way before we would have in the other line. It was an all ages show, but we got split into lines of 21+ and underage because the underagers got charged an extra fee to get in. The staff of the Pageant was absolutely amazing. Best staff I have ever encountered at every level. Door security, ID check, bartenders, ushers, everyone. I loved it. And then there is the venue itself. Its amazing. Upstairs seated balcony thats 21+, has its own bar, assigned seating, and great views. Although the lack of jr high girls and stretching room was the best perk. Show was great, pretty sure there was lots of lipsyncing, but frankly, I dont care that much if the stage show makes up for it. And her and the dancers totally did. Including the stage director in the Santa costume....yup. Just really fun in general.
As a side story, the opening one man band was called "Beardo the Trailer Park Hero". Yup.

I slept like a rock, and despite the super early wake up call the day before, and a crazy busy day, and going to bed later than I had wanted to, I was awake enough when my alarm went off at 6:55 in order to go down to the hotel gym. Mom even went with me! The room was like a sauna. I wasn't on very long and I was quite moisturized afterwards ;-)
Breakfast Feast at First Watch. Coffee, fresh fruit crepes, turkey sausage links, and shared a carrot cake pancake with Tim. The granola and blueberry muffin that came with got saved for the car ride home at least. I was STUFFED. 
We then went to my mecca, Whole Foods, we spent 90 minutes there, and I could have spent 90 more. But my mom had finished her shopping and Tim had put up with enough of my aisle wanderings. We got quite the haul though. Including a peanut butter and jelly on banana bread for the road home. We pulled out of town around 11:30, and I have officially added St Louis to my ok long weekend destination visit list. Their food choices are growing and are pretty sweet looking (not including the ever fantastic First Watch). Their shopping is grand, and it seems like there is plenty to do. I vote yes. 

No comments: