Monday, August 25, 2008

Winter Season in Paris and Amsterdam


So, I am recruiting knowledgeable minds! Well, ones that have traveled to Paris and Amsterdam at least.

I've mentioned that Tim and I are heading across the Big Blue this upcoming winter, and I am beginning to surf around for sites to see! It's a ten day trip starting in Amsterdam (including over New Years), heading through Brussels for lunch, and then on to Paris (for our two year anniversary).

Included in our trip:
Notre Dame
Anne Frank's House
Louvre Museum
Seine Cruise
Eiffel Tower

Other than that, we are starting from scratch! If you know of cool museums, funky sites, yummy restaurants, or even just pretty views, I would love to hear them. Load me up with information people! Let me learn from other people's experience. Even if you know of just a really good travel site, that would be sweet.

For those that don't personally know us, we have traveled overseas quite extensively, just not to these locations, so we don't need generic travel info like how to fly and such. Just specific Parisian and Dutch wonder!

2 comments:

Sharpy said...

My wife and I were just in Amsterdam...although only for 5 hrs, so maybe not enough to help. Since you'll have lots of time I'd suggest a hope on' hope off canal boat ride so you can see lots of the town. They tell me that typically the line for Anne Frank's home is like 1-2 hrs...but then again it will be winter so maybe not.

We were really shocked at how proud the people in Amsterdam are of the blatant sin.

We spent most of our 2 weeks outside of Amsterdam which was beautiful, but it won't be green when you're there.

People that I talked to really enjoyed the Van Gogh museum if you're into art.

That's all I got, enjoy.

The Art Of Light Photography said...

matt & i spent 2 weeks in paris 2 summers ago...that's where we got engaged :) you are going to LOVE it!! i have so much info i don't even know where to begin...being there for 2 weeks we did alot. we kept a journal of everything we did too...

if you haven't read the forums on fodors.com that's where we started our trip planning. i think i might make this a blog post on my blog just so i don't take up 10 paragraphs on your comments section :)