Thursday, September 4, 2008

Quick thought.

I've been working on this Toyota commercial the past few days, and been talking a lot with some guys on the crew. They lead the life that way back in the day, I wanted to lead. They work on blockbuster movies, hit television shows, and million dollar commercials. They all love their life, most are married and have settled lives. Except, it seems they are never around to actual use them. One of the men figured that he had been traveling at least six full months out of the last twelve months. I just, I have come to the realization that I will not be able to do that. We aren't just talking them traveling a few hours away for a week or two. This crew just got done with the sequel to Borat, in many many different countries, and this commercial alone is taking them 7 weeks across the entire country, with a super tight schedule. I like a little more settled-ness than that. Yeah, its cool to be in Jerusalem one week, Rome the next, and Dallas the next, but I like coming home to my tivo and grilled dinner too much. I like going out and playing pool on the weekends, and not sitting in airports and trying to find a place to eat in a random city with people I'm being paid to be with.

Random, and not very eloquent, but I thought it should be said.

1 comment:

The Art Of Light Photography said...

i agree, people always think traveling is a glamorous part of my job and while it is neat to be able to see different places i think i'd rather see the world on my own dime, it's always better when it's not work.

where are you at that you're working on these big projects? are they really filming in cf?