Thursday, June 17, 2010

Numerous Epic Noms, and One Epic Fail.

The past couple weeks I have been quite creative in the kitchen. All the old stuff just sounded boring and I wanted to try new things. Some of the best have been:

Apple Crumble
Honey Curry Chicken with Red Pepper
Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
Turkey Meatloaf with Mixed Veg
Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies

However, out of numerous crazy successful attempts, there was one failure. I used the big poofy marshmallows (the ones the size of your fist) to try to make rice crispie treats (which I have shockingly never made before) and it failed MISERABLY. Epic fail.

2 comments:

Lori said...

It's 'The BLOB'...

DeMo said...

I don't think I've ever made RKT with the little marshmallows. The secret is to read the package for the correct amount of butter, and then CONSTANTLY stir the marshmallows once you put them in, and turn the heat off once they're all melted and then pour in the cereal. Probably TMI for a comment, but just thought I'd share. Don't give up! :)
My first batch (after a looooong haitus) was a-ma-zing but my second was sort of a fail, now I'm back to making them good again.