Monday, June 23, 2008

Travel Bug

I was bitten by the traveling bug at a very young age, and have been luckily enough to itch my traveling scratch pretty often growing up. My family traveled all over the United States, and finally after running out of states, we hit international waters. There are only a few states I have yet to step foot in, all on the west coast. In 7th grade, I got to travel to Chile for two weeks with my mother, and then before my freshman year of high school, my family spent three weeks in Germany and Austria. Then came Alaska. Next was England and Scotland. Before my senior year of high school, I went with a high school trip for three weeks to Greece, Italy, and Turkey. Then I moved to Boston and traveled as much as I could along the east coast again.

Now that I am back in Iowa, watching all of my friends travel abroad, I am dying to travel again. I plan on doing just that. Starting small, and then hitting up the big time by the end of the year. So watch here for my documenting of our crazy travels, cause I tend to get crazy traveling stories.

Here's what I am looking forward to.

July:
Philadelphia
Chicago

August:
Kansas City
Minnesota

December 2008/January 2009:
Amsterdam (over New Years)
Brussels
Paris (for our 2 year anniversary)

No comments: